Number 63, the Soroptimist Hotel in Central London, celebrated its 70th Anniversary last October.
The hotel holds a Gold 3 – star guest accommodation rating and occupies a prime location at 63, Bayswater Road, London, affording easy access to many of London’s tourist attractions including Hyde Park, Regents Park and Buckingham Palace. The hotel is open to the public and offers residential accommodation in 16 rooms along with 3 meeting rooms equipped with state-of-the- art facilities for business and social events. Bookings can be made, and further information obtained, on this website.
To mark the 70th Anniversary of Number 63, an appeal – the Platinum Appeal – was launched aimed at raising £700,000 for further modernisation and enhancement of the hotel to ensure that it is updated for future generations.
Information about the ways in which Club members, family, friends and well-wishers can contribute to the Appeal are available on the Number 63 website. They include:-
- Purchasing copies of the booklet “Something for Ourselves” available from Number 63, priced at £5 per copy.
- Joining the 500 and 2000 Clubs (both also open to non- Soroptimists).
- Using, and promoting the use of, the accommodation and other facilities at Number 63.
- Purchasing Number 63 Gift Vouchers which can be used for accommodation or afternoon cream teas.
- Purchasing shares in Number 63 (Soroptimist) Ltd. (Soroptimist members only)
- Leaving a Legacy to Number 63.
All the members of SI Glasgow City wish the Chairman, Board and all the staff of Number 63 every success with their fund-raising activities aimed at consolidating the future of this lovely, listed, Victorian building.
President Myrtle of SI Glasgow City